To Our Stakeholders:
I am proud to introduce EnLink’s third annual Sustainability Report! Our first fully digital version is titled “Our Sustainable Future,” in recognition of EnLink’s vision – To become the Future of Midstream, leading in innovation and creating sustainable value.
EnLink’s vision has evolved as the landscape around us continues to change. We must improve the ways in which we operate today, while at the same time, position ourselves to thrive as the energy transition gains speed. The world is increasingly focused on clean energy and environmental impacts. We believe our industry can continue to improve and natural gas and petroleum products will continue to serve as critical fuel sources for decades to come. Our mission as a leading midstream company is to continue delivering these critical energy products that help power our everyday lives, while actively seeking ways to minimize our environmental impact. In fact, 90% of our business is focused on natural gas and natural gas liquids, which emit significantly less carbon than coal and other natural resources.
I am proud to announce that we have set a long-term commitment to achieve net zero emissions by 2050. EnLink also has joined The Environmental Partnership, a collaboration of oil and natural gas companies focused on addressing our industry’s environmental impacts and implementing emissions reduction solutions.
EnLink’s vision is centered on integrating sustainability into all aspects of our business – from maintaining our financial strength to investing in infrastructure that supports the energy transition. We have teams of employees across functional areas and specialties who are responsible for challenging the status quo. They are actively working to improve how we do everything – top to bottom – to become more efficient and more sustainable in how we operate our business.
Our team is focused on the following Core Values, which are evident in each section of our 2020 Sustainability Report. These Core Values serve as the foundation of EnLink, while providing us a roadmap for how we operate, execute, and deliver value to our stakeholders:
This report highlights our sustainability improvements and achievements in 2020, as well as previewing our ongoing efforts to set sustainability goals and our plans to execute these goals. 2020 was an unprecedented year, as the COVID-19 pandemic impacted us all. I am proud of how our team persevered through this difficult environment, and this report evidences our ability to execute safely and reliably even during difficult times. A few of the accomplishments documented in this report include:
- Received the 2020 Chairman’s Award for Safety Improvement from the GPA Midstream Association, a testament to both our continuous improvement mindset and our GoalZERO safety initiative launched in 2020
- Achieved the lowest Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) in EnLink history of 0.47, which is a 43% improvement from EnLink’s 2019 TRIR and 34% better than the 2020 GPA Midstream Division One¹ TRIR average of 0.715; additionally, we achieved 187 consecutive days without a recordable injury, another company record
- Completed approximately $50 million of equipment reuse and refurbishing initiatives
- Launched the EnLink Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Action Team to foster an inclusive work environment that values diversity; at the end of 2020, 36% of corporate management roles are held by women and 23% by employees from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Continued to include sustainability targets as a component in EnLink's 2020 Short-Term Incentive Program for employees; for 2021, the weighting for sustainability metrics has been increased by 50%
It’s an exciting time at EnLink, and I’m grateful for the contributions of our teams to EnLink’s sustainability and success. I’m confident our new vision and strategic plan will be the catalyst behind EnLink’s next leg of growth and continued leadership in the midstream industry.
Welcome to “Our Sustainable Future.”
Barry E. Davis
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
- The GPA Midstream Association classifies companies that complete 1 million or more midstream operational workhours in one year as Division 1. EnLink falls in this category.
This webpage is part of EnLink's 2020 Sustainability Report, published May 4, 2021, and reflects content from and as of such date.