We place top priority on the health and safety of our employees and the safety, sustainability, and reliability of our operations. In 2020, this commitment was more critical than ever, as our focus was on ensuring the safety of our teams during the significant challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proud of our team for continuing to persevere during these challenging times, while continuing to deliver on behalf of our customers, investors, and other stakeholders.
We closely monitor information regarding COVID-19 from sources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization. We are focused on continuing to serve our customers effectively, safely, and reliably without interruption, while protecting the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and communities.
Below are the steps we quickly implemented in 2020 to keep our teams safe and healthy.
- Protecting our employees while continuing to meet customer needs:
- We discontinued all non-essential business travel. Any travel deemed essential requires senior leader approval.
- We implemented a temporary work-from-home policy for employees who could execute their work remotely while continuing to provide the excellent service and operations that our customers expect.
- We encouraged employees to adhere to local and regional social distancing recommendations to support community efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- For those employees providing essential services and whose presence was required onsite, we implemented a stringent COVID-19 Prevention and Response Plan that included mandatory temperature and health checks, social distancing and face coverings, increased requirements for hand washing and other hygiene-related protocols, and more stringent cleaning processes. The plan also included protocols for quick response to suspected COVID-19 cases, which included requiring work from home periods following potential exposures.
- We increased employee communications to keep employees informed during the pandemic, while making it easy to access critical information. This includes EnLink’s intranet site, where we provide health and safety updates, house our COVID-19 Prevention and Response Plan, and link to reputable sources of information on COVID-19, such as the CDC COVID-19 website.
- Protecting our customers while providing excellent service:
- We utilized our in-place business continuity plan that allows us to operate without interruption.
- We ensured our teams that were working off-site had their technology and equipment needs supported to continue executing without issue.
- Our field team continued to work on-site, under strict safety protocols from our COVID-19 Prevention and Response Plan, to ensure our facilities’ reliable and safe operations.
- Our commercial team stayed in regular contact with our customers to ensure we continued to provide the same best-in-class service they’ve come to expect.
This webpage is part of EnLink's 2020 Sustainability Report, published May 4, 2021, and reflects content from and as of such date. As of the publication date, EnLink’s COVID-19 Prevention and Response Plan was still in place to continue to prioritize the health and safety of our teams while they deliver essential energy services during the ongoing pandemic.