At EnLink, we believe our sustainability initiatives, which are focused on safe, responsible operations that support our environment, people, and communities, bolster EnLink’s business success. We strive to create long-term sustainable value for our unitholders through our financial discipline and our environmental, social, and governance efforts.
Pillars of EnLink’s Sustainability Strategy
EnLink is focused on delivering sustainable investments to drive shareholder value and make our operations more innovative and efficient, while also strengthening our balance sheet through our focus on free cash flow.
Predominantly Natural Gas and NGL Business
- 90% of EnLink’s cash flow is driven by natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGL) operations
- In excess of 95% of our growth capital expenditure plans are focused on building natural gas and NGL systems
Strong Financial Base and Stable Free Cash Flow
- Prioritizing balance sheet improvement with long-term target leverage below 4x
- Focusing on positive free cash flow after distributions¹ provides financial flexibility to opportunistically improve capital structure
- Sustainable distribution with the optionality to return incremental value with unit buyback program
Measured Adjusted EBITDA¹ Growth
- Focused on highly accretive investments around our asset footprint
- Targeting bolt-on acquisitions that provide operational synergies and are leverage neutral
Efficiency Gains Through Innovation
- Implementing progressive automation transformation
- Improving reliability of asset base
- Reducing costs
Smarter, Cleaner Operations
- Instituting improvements to reduce emissions, improve carbon capture, and strengthen EnLink’s business
- Completed approximately $50 million of equipment reuse and refurbishing initiatives in 2020
Peer-Leading Safety Record
- Committed to operating with the highest safety standards in our industry, as evidenced by the GPA Midstream Association awarding EnLink the 2020 Chairman’s Award for Safety Improvement
- Experienced best safety year to date in 2020, despite global pandemic, major weather events, and other external distractions
- Adjusted EBITDA and Free Cash Flow After Distributions as used in this Sustainability Report are non-GAAP measures and are not substitutes for metrics prepared in accordance with GAAP. For additional information, including a definition of these terms and a reconciliation to the most directly comparable GAAP measure, please see EnLink’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
This webpage is part of EnLink's 2020 Sustainability Report, published May 4, 2021, and reflects content from and as of such date.